Chocolate goodness impresses in this famous restaurant cookie from Beverly Hills.
From Denny: Want a rich cookie with a fancy pedigree? You got it in this rich chocolate sandwich dessert cookie! These chocolaty beauties hail from The Farm at Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills, California. They call them Farmeeoh Cookies and they are super sized to create a spectacular visual and taste sensation to behold. Just the chocolate cookie itself is pure delight on its own. It's sugary-sweet and the buttery filling is sheer heaven. This recipe has been downsized from the huge original for family sized dining. The calories are fewer too per cookie, coming in at 341 calories per filled cookie.
From: The Farm of Beverly Hills
Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes, plus chilling time for the dough
Servings: Makes about 2 ½ dozen Farmeeoh sandwich cookies
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 ¼ sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups (1 pound) sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon (12 ounces) flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2.4 ounces) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat in the dry ingredients, a spoonful at a time, until incorporated to form the cookie dough. Scrape the bowl partway through to make sure the ingredients are fully mixed. Cover and refrigerate the dough until chilled.
4. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Scoop the dough into tablespoon-sized pieces, and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly, and bake each sheet until the cookies are set, 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove and cool before filling. This makes about 5 dozen individual cookies.
Cookie Filling and Assembly
1 1/4 cups (21/2 sticks) butter
6 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plus ¾ teaspoon water
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a medium bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, water and salt. Scoop 1 generous tablespoon of filling onto one cookie, then top with a second, pressing together until the filling comes to the edge. Repeat to make 2 ½ dozen sandwich cookies. You might have a little frosting left over after filling the sandwiches; any extra frosting will keep for 1 week, covered and refrigerated.
Each assembled cookies: 341 calories; 2 grams protein; 49 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 16 grams fat; 10 grams saturated fat; 55 mg. cholesterol; 39 grams sugar; 225 mg. sodium.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
Dennys Food and Recipes - all kinds of food
Comfort Food From Louisiana - Cajun and more comfort food
Unusual 2 Tasty - different twists on familiar foods, international too
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - more crazy humor
Dennys Blog Feeds - check out what is posting on all the blogs at a glance